Wow! Such a long title. I couldn’t think of a shorter name, because as with most recipes I invent, I’m lost as to what to name it that fully captures all the unique ingredients that make it what it is. On the plate, there is cooked brown rice, the bell peppers sauce with chicken prawns, and moi-moi. If you have followed my blog before my hiatus, you will know my recipes are typically easy to recreate. I’m lazy and I love delicious food, so I find innovative ways to make everything nice and easy. I will be taking it step by step for ease.
Basically, all you see above is what you need to create this nutrition dense food except the moi-moi, which was a leftover and not originally part of the dish, so the focus will be on the rice and sauce.
- 3 Large Bell peppers – Orange, yellow and green
- Scotch bonnet peppers (I only used this because the red bell pepper spoilt before I could use it. In the kitchen sphere, every mistake is to prove the genius in you.😉)
- Chicken breast
- Ground black pepper
- Brown rice
- Slice the peppers into strips and keep.
- Boil the chicken breast first, adding parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper to season.
- When the chicken is a bit tender, add the prawns.
- There is no need for any added oil as the chicken brings out required oil as it boils. However, you can add if you must.
- By now, you will hardly notice the parsley.
- After 10 munites of cooking the prawns, add the sliced peppers to the sauce to steam.
- When it steams for about 5 minutes, the sauce is ready.
- Please note, you have to pay attention to the amount of water you add while cooking. I used little water, so there was no need for thickener. But I had to check the chicken while boiling to prevent the water from drying up.
Wash the rice, add to boiling water and cook for 30 minutes. Don’t sieve out the water. Allow it to dry with the rice to get the most out of the rice.
Leave a comment below if you want me to share my moi-moi recipe and I’ll create the post just for you.
Once the rice and sauce are ready, you have your meal!💃🏽💃🏾 I simply added moi-moi from previous cooking. You can always pair leftovers with new cooking to create an even more interesting twist to your food. To download the recipe, click Bell Peppers Stew-OnyinyeOlufunmi.